Tuesday, October 30, 2012

First blog post?

Here goes my first attempt at blogging.  I guess I'll tell you the background for my title and URL, since it will be extremely relevant to my actual posts. Let's start with some poetry. As you get to know me, you will realize that this is extremely out of character for me, but I like this poem.

The Elder
By Anson Fogel


How do you want to be remembered? When this life joins the wind.
What did you leave, in these chasms, upon these lives, young and curious?
What did you write? What dust in the rain? Sand in the rivers?

Those you touched, embraced and kissed, loved ... what echoes there?
How will it travel, your wisdom, your story, your suffering and joy?

These walls, silent, deafening, ancient and new.
What did you make them? What did they make of you?
A life running, teaching or learning, what is escape?
What did you find?

Wind, replenishing rain, sun.
Who did these thorns see?
What did these waters wash from you?
The stars, in the abyss beyond, how did they shine on you?

Will you release the storm, the scars, whirling as they go?
Yet holding love, life?
The luminous child, the harsh knowing of age, what did you leave behind?

So there it is. My url, sandintherivers.blogspot.com is a reference to what you or I may leave behind when we go. I can only hope that my "sand" will make this country and the world a better place to live. 

I hope to make this blog about my views on freedom, patriotism and preparedness with other life tidbits thrown in there. Maybe I will get a readership, maybe not. Regardless, I hope to make this a good outlet of the things floating around in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment